The seven more specifics topics
In addition to the five core WOMP values, participants identified the need to address the world order dimensions of seven more specific topics:
- Biogenetics and the impacts of emerging technologies on family and social life, as well as political, economic, and cultural structures.
- Adequate governance and appropriate democratic participation in all contexts, ranging from local through national to regional and global interactions.
- Poverty throughout the globe; hyper-capitalism; how to make the international economic system more equitable and inclusive.
- The role of religious traditions in fomenting violence or encouraging tolerance, compassion, and peace.
- State terrorism and non-state terrorism (properly identified) and antidotes to these behaviors.
- Imperialism in all its forms, and the distinction between imperial globality and cosmopolitan globality.
- The meaning and manifestations of global or cosmopolitan citizenship, informed by human rights.